Over the years the John A. Martin Primary Health Care Center has been open, we have been honored to be recognized by various professional associations for the work we do.
- June 2014, Dr. Charles McElmurray was named the “Student Educator of the Year” by the SC Academy of Family Physicians
- 2013, The John A. Martin Primary Health Care Center providers were recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for meeting the standards for the “National Diabetes Recognition Program”
- 2007, The John A. Martin Primary Health Care Center was recognized as a “Center of Excellence” by the Consortium of Southeastern Hypertension Control (COSEHC)
- 2004, Dr. Charles McElmurray was awarded the “Carolina Cup Award for Excellence in Family Medicine” by the SC Academy of Family Physicians
- February 2002, The Dean’s Rural Clerkship was awarded the “SC Community Program of the Year” Award by the SC Office of Rural Health at the SC Rural Health Association Conference
- 2002, Sandy Kammermann, MS, EdS was recognized as the “Health Education Professional of the Year” by the SC Association for the Advancement of Health Education